31.8.05

blessing

that's all i want to be and certainly what i received after listening to a voice i haven't heard in ages! veruschka is her name and her cd recently found its way to my local abc. as i glanced through the featured cds, i was surprised to see a face i actually know. we sang together in our high school choir when i was a senior and she a junior.

i can still remember the moment she said something along the lines of wishing she could sing like me. and i still remember the crazy look i gave her and saying something along the lines of why would you want my voice when you have yours! it's amazing! she could sing back in 1995 and i got to hear her grow during college.

wow! the woman's got chops! and hearing her today was, indeed, a blessing.

1 comment:

Karla Lawrence said...

ohh ohhh, I want a copy! I lost my Nick & Verushka cd too so if you have that one too ?????